Our company has a strong reputation in our community for providing our clients with top-quality craftsmanship, highly effective communication and the utmost in integrity. This is a great position for someone who wants opportunity to be part of a strong, close-knit team for the long-term.
Purpose of Position:
The Project Developer is responsible for managing projects from Lead Intake to Production Start. This includes assisting in the sale of a development agreement, coordinating with the designer if applicable, creating an accurate project cost, assembling proposals, writing the construction proposal, and transitioning the project to the Production Team.
- Uphold all in-house agreements.
- Establish and maintain cooperative and productive work relationships with other employees, clients, trade contractors, suppliers, inspectors, and others.
- Demonstrate open, honest, timely and clear communication.
- Demonstrate enthusiasm about work.
- Show initiative to learn new information and methods, and to pursue continuous improvement.
- Show willingness to learn new skills, accept feedback and implement suggestions.
- Provide encouragement, recognition, constructive feedback and coaching to all team members.
- Present self and Bakker Construction in a professional manner at all times. Be a team leader and set the standard for other employees and industry partners to follow.
- Communicate effectively (verbal and written), present information and respond to questions in a professional and organized manner.
- Strong prioritization and organizational skills; detail-oriented.
- Work well with customers, subcontractors and suppliers, as well as our Production Team.
- Can work independently and self-motivate.
- Show excellent follow-through with multiple projects at a time.
- Skilled with Microsoft Excel, Word, Project, and Outlook e-mail.
- Competent with office equipment, such as computer, plotter, fax, copier, printer, etc.
- Have the knowledge and follow-through of common business ethics.
- Can work with a sense of urgency.
- Uphold confidentiality.
- Problem solving.
- Positive attitude.
- Good interpersonal and teamwork
- Ability to multi-task and manage responsibilities.
- High School Graduate with minimum of five (5) years of experience in estimating and the Residential Design/Construction industry. Associate or Bachelor’s Degree in Interior Design, Architecture, Construction Management or similar preferred but not required.
- Personal vehicle to get to and from the office, client meetings and job sites.
- Ability to read and understand blueprints with a working knowledge of residential building, construction materials and methods, and residential building code requirements.
- Experience with residential drafting, to facilitate the creation of simple plans and drawings (Chief Architect, Revit, Auto CAD, etc.)
- Knowledge of the local area (Monterey County and cities included in Monterey County), in regard to construction methods, material, and suppliers.
- Ability to perform material takeoffs.
- Excellent writing skills, needed for writing proposals/estimates, reports, task processes, job communications, client communications and other documents.
- Majority of time is spent in the office, while some time (15%) is spent on job sites. These are active environments, often with interruptions and changing priorities.
- Usual hours are 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., with an hour lunch, Monday through Friday (See employee manual for more details).
- Able to remain sitting for prolonged periods of time, and to move promptly at other times.
Download Application (PDF) Please fill out our application and email to email@example.com.